With the advent of various technologies, there are now so many new marketing strategies in place that can help businesses level up their marketing game. Even today, marketing strategies are still heavily implemented for businesses to stay competitive. Many of these strategies have to do with inbound marketing.
Inbound marketing refers to the process of converting first-time website visitors into loyal customers and supporters of your brand. Today, there are so many ways to achieve this, but not all are proven to be effective.
Here you’ll get insights on 5 of the best inbound marketing advice from experts.
- Create A Target Persona
Creating a target persona means deeply understanding what it is that your customers would want to learn about. Having this kind of in-depth knowledge enables you to react quickly by taking the right actions in solving problems. With this process, you’re not just going through any other type of solutions per se, but only those based on a sound decision.
Here are some of the best inbound marketing strategies to apply in creating a target persona:
- Review The Insights Of Your Facebook Page: Only applicable if you already have a Facebook page. Here, you’ve got to understand the demographics that make up your customers.
- Conduct In-depth Interviews: When you’ve already acquired a strong following of customers, it’s a good time for you to collect in-depth information about each of them.
- Venture Into Blogging
Looking at the internet today, you’re sure to find several websites that are focused on blogging. These blogs aren’t just there as a hobby — they form a big part of the marketing plan of different businesses. Today, blogging is a very effective way to bring in customers and traffic into your business.
With blogging, however, you have to be willing to put in a lot of hard work. Don’t expect to have results overnight. All this hard work will pay off when you start to enjoy benefits like the following:
- Become a trusted or authority source in the specific niche that your business belongs to.
- Have a passive income-earning opportunity, apart from just driving customers to your business.
- Build a network with possible connections in the industry.
- Focus On Producing Excellent Content
When you’ve already got a blog up and running, you need to go deeper and focus on producing excellent content. In terms of inbound marketing, the quality of the content is one of the most important features. The key point in content marketing is to tailor it to fit the target audience that you’re aiming to attract. That way, you’ll be able to drive them inbound towards your business.
Here are some tips to apply, in the pursuit of creating excellent content:
- Always start with a catchy headline.
- Define the specific goal you wish to achieve through your content.
- Use social media to promote or link to your content.
- Understand what it is your audience wants to read or hear about.
- Use various SEO techniques to increase your online presence.
Bonus tip: alternate among the different forms of content. Don’t just stick to text, else your website can get tiring for visitors. Do go for other types of content as well, such as images and videos. Doing this can keep the hype up with your audience and drive more traffic to your site. People can often be more interested in watching videos, rather than keep on reading plain text over and over again.
- Use Social Media Marketing
Social media usage these days has shifted so much. Gone are the days when it was used solely for communicating and sharing photos with family and friends. Today, social media is also used in businesses for marketing purposes.
Imagine the population of people all over the world that have social media accounts! That means the presence of a global market right there and then. It’s for you to take advantage of this to drive more traffic to your business website.
These are some of the best social media marketing tips that you can also apply:
- Create a specific goal, which becomes the specific driving force for the social media marketing strategy that you’ll come up with
- Be consistent with your content and media across all social media pages.
- If you have to choose just one or two social media platforms, focus on that which is most used by your target audience.
- Regularly measure and analyze results brought about your social media metrics.
- Create a monthly calendar of the social media content or activity that you’ll perform, so you stay organized and consistent, especially with posting schedules.
- Incorporate Search Engine Optimization Strategies
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is often talked about on various websites when it comes to digital marketing. With inbound marketing, in particular, SEO is still very much relevant. SEO strategies are still very effective in increasing your website’s rankings and getting more traffic.
For inbound marketing, some of the most effective SEO strategies to apply include:
- Create A Strong Link-building Strategy: When you link to other websites, this increases the likelihood of other sites linking back to you. In effect, you’re able to drive in more traffic to your site strategically.
- Emphasize The Page Loading Speed: While you may want to alternate your content between text and images, you also have to be cautious not to make it too text-heavy. Else, your page loading speed is going to be affected. When your website page doesn’t load fast enough, you’re going to lose potential visitors over another site that loads faster.
Whether you’re a startup business or one that’s already been around for quite some time, marketing will always form a significant part of a business’s operations. It’s still the best way for any business to skyrocket towards success. With inbound marketing, your focus is to give customers a reason to come and do business with you. If you’ve long been looking for the right strategies for your business, these are some of those from the experts you can apply.