Have you been looking for the best sunspots on skin treatment around? Do you dislike the dark spots on your skin? Then this one’s just for you. Often called age spots or dark spots, these are discolorations on the skin caused when the body produces an excess of melatonin. The medical term for these spots is solar lentigines. This age or sunspots on the skin need not be removed, but oftentimes, many people opt to have them eliminated for cosmetic purposes. Brown spots on skin treatment are not that complicated. There are many medical as well as non-medical treatments for sunspots on the skin. But before we look at them, let’s take a quick look at why these spots develop on the skin.
How Do We Get Sunspots On The Skin?
Simply called liver spots, these are small patches of discoloration on the skin that develop as a result of over-exposure to the sun. The harsh ultraviolet rays of the sun cause effects pigmented skin cells known scientifically as melanocytes. As a result of the UV radiation, these skin cells begin to multiply at a rapid pace. This is turn causes brown spots to appear on the skin. These are small, flat, and vary in size as well as shapes. They are darker than the shade of your skin but absolutely painless.
But before you know about the sunspots on skin treatment options, learn which areas it affects the most. You will notice that these brown spots appear on the parts of your body which have been exposed to the sun’s rays the most. For instance, most people will have liver spots on the back of their hands, the face, shoulders, neck, or back since these are commonly most exposed to the sun.
Other Causes For Brown Spots On The Skin:
Sun exposure is not the only reason people develop sunspots on skin. There are certain other things that can cause this as well. Read on to take a quick look at what the other reasons of developing these age spots on the skin are!
- Side effects of medication: There are certain types of medication that can cause these sunspots to appear on the skin. Most commonly the ones that can be held responsible for this are psychotropic drugs, tetracyclines, and anti-inflammatory medicines. So if you’ve noticed these spots on your body, it may be because of some of the medication you are on.
- Hormonal fluctuations: Ups and downs in hormonal levels can also be a major cause of this issue. Melasma is one such skin condition that causes our skin to develop these uneven brown patches. It develops because of imbalanced hormones.
- When a wound heals: We don’t necessarily mean scars. If you’ve suffered an injury and the wound is just beginning to heal, chances are that some discoloration will be left behind in the process. However, these generally fade away over the course of time. This can also happen in cases of burns or insect bites among other things.
- Diabetes: This is a major culprit when it comes to sunspots on skin and is especially true for those who suffer from severe diabetes. It can cause the skin to develop dark and uneven patches anywhere and even the texture of the spot may be velvety. So, if you have diabetes, your liver spots are most probably because of it.
- Skin inflammation: There are various reasons for our skin becoming inflamed. For one, it could be because of severe skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema. These will leave the skin badly inflamed and painful to touch. Sometimes, injuries or acne could also be the reasons that push people to look for sunspots on skin treatments.
- Allergies: If you unknowingly use cosmetic or hair products that your skin is allergic to, it can be among the biggest causes for sunspots appearing on your body. So, when you use a new brand of hair color or face mask, always make sure to perform an allergy test first. If not, these can turn out to be major irritations for you.
The Best Medical Sunspots On Skin Treatments:
By themselves, these dark spots on the skin are actually harmless. However, many people decide to get them removed mainly due to cosmetic reasons. If you fall into this category of people, be assured that there are plenty of brown spots on skin treatments. Visit your dermatologist and he/she will give you a bunch of various options you can choose from. Discuss the best course of action with them and what kind of treatment best suits you. Here are some of the options you can consider when looking for the best sunspots on skin treatments around:
This is among the most common treatments to remove brown spots on the skin. The dermat will use a special kind of device to completely erase the abrasive and rough outer layer of the skin that has the spots. This promotes the production of collagen which can help reduce sunspots to a large extent. So, if the spots on your skin are too severe, you may consider microdermabrasion as an option.
2. Laser Treatment
Many people prefer this when it comes to sunspots on skin treatments. There are various types of laser treatments that target brown spots on the skin. For instance, the pulse light laser is a very intense treatment that aims for the melanin. This breaks down the obvious dark spots. However, before you try any laser treatment to remove the sunspots on your skin, have a detailed discussion with your dermat about the best treatment for you.
This is among the most unique brown spots on skin treatments around and not everyone is too keen to try it once they know what it entails. Cryotherapy is where liquid nitrogen is applied on the areas of your body that are covered in dark spots. The intention is to freeze the spots by injuring the skin cells. Once this is done, the skin that heals is found to be much lighter than what it was before the treatment.
4. Chemical Peel
Also among the most common sunspots on skin treatments to be found, a chemical peel is where a special solution is applied to the skin’s surface. This is meant to exfoliate the targeted region with the intention to promote new skin growth. It’s a good option to try for those who do not wish to try riskier ones listed above like Cryotherapy.
5. Skin-lightening Ointments
Those who do not wish for brown spots on skin treatments that are surgical or invasive in nature can try this option. You will find several creams meant to lighten the dark spots on your face and other parts of the body. These help reduce melanin while at the same time bleach the skin. However, be warned that this is a long-term process so do not get disappointed if you don’t see immediate results.
Natural Remedies To Lighten Brown Spots On Skin:
If dermatological methods are not your thing, be assured that there are plenty of home remedies that can help reduce sunspots on skin. The best thing about this is that it won’t cost much and many of the ingredients you need can be found right at home! Do note that these remedies can take a bit of time to work. Thereby, have as much patience as you can while you try these natural sunspots on skin treatments listed below.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Among the most popular home remedies to get rid of age spots is to apply apple cider vinegar on the affected areas. It contains acetic acid which plays a key role in lightening pigmentation on the skin. Also, you skin looks healthier and will glow after a couple of applications.
- Aloe Vera: Aloin and Alosin are two amazing active compounds that are found in generous amounts in Aloe Vera plants. These are incredibly helpful when it comes to lightening dark spots on the skin. They can work wonders on all types of hyperpigmentation issues.
- Black Tea Water: There was an intriguing study conducted a couple of years ago on guinea pigs. Black tea water was applied on the tanned areas of their skin and surprisingly, it was found that after repeated applications, the dark spots began to gradually fade away.
- Vitamin E: One of the best sunspots on skin treatments is to make sure your diet has plenty of vitamin E in it. This offers amazing protection against the harmful rays of the sun and will also play a key role in keeping serious diseases like skin cancer at bay. Also, applying vitamin E oil on the skin will also add to the magic of this simple yet super-effective treatment.
- Lemon Juice: Owing to its acidic nature, lemon juice is contended to be one of the best brown spots on skin removal treatments around. It is used by many people to lighten not just the skin but also the hair. Do keep in mind that this can be quite harsh and you may end up with dryness and irritation of skin if you overdo it.
- Green Tea: A simple sunspots on skin treatment is to apply green tea bags on the areas in question. This is said to lighten the skin considerably although there is no real scientific proof to back this claim. Give this one a try as it does not cost much and you can then judge for yourself whether or not it has worked.
- Vitamin C: There are many benefits offered by vitamin C. For one, it promotes the growth of collage which is responsible for keeping our skin healthy. Also, it will protect you from harmful UV rays. Additionally, it can lighten any dark spots you may have because of the sun or another reason.
- Honey: This is not just good to eat but is also among the top natural sunspots on skin treatments you will ever come across. Rich in antioxidants, honey has amazing properties that offer endless benefits. They help dark spots to fade while at the same time encourage new cells to grow.
- Buttermilk: It contains lactic acid which could lighten dark spots on the skin as accurately as possible. Also, it does not cost much. So, try using buttermilk on your dark spots as this is among the simplest and very best sunspots on skin treatments anywhere.
- Red Onion: A study claims that the dry red skin of onions holds medicinal properties. It says these can help lighten the dark spots on face without you ever even having to visit the dermat!
- Milk: Good to drink as well as among the best sunspots on skin treatments around, milk is a major player when it comes to dealing with skin pigmentation. Since it contains lactic acid, milk has properties that help lighten dark spots on skin.
- Licorice Extract: Known to possess healing properties, licorice extract aids the process of drastically reducing sunspots on skin. It can help pregnant women deal with conditions such as melasma during their gestation period.
Do Sunspots On Skin Carry Any Risk?
As mentioned earlier, sunspots are pretty harmless and do not require to be removed. If you’re worried about it, pay a visit to your dermatologist and get it checked out at the earliest possible. Your doctor will be able to tell you in an instant whether or not it is serious by just looking at the sunspots. If you still wish to check out the sunspots on skin treatments available, discuss them in as much detail as possible with your trusted dermat.
Thereby, sunspots on skin are quite harmless of and by themselves. But if you notice that they seem out of the ordinary and get darker and stranger in shape, you should get them checked out. However, if they turn out to be harmless but you still wish to get them removed, make sure to speak with your dermatologist in detail before taking a decision. Check out sunspots on skin treatment listed here!
Is It Possible To Prevent Sunspots From Occurring?
The easiest way to prevent dark or brown spots on skin treatments and the rest of the fuss that follows it is by limiting your exposure to the sun’s UV rays. This is how you can do it:
- Avoid going outdoors between 10 AM to 3 PM everyday as the sun is at its harshest at this time of the day. This way, you can avoid unnecessary UV rays that can harm you quite seriously.
- Use an umbrella, wear clothes that protect you from the sun, and also throw in a hat into the mix – this is another thing that can help you stop having to look for sunspots on skin treatments.
- Never leave home without applying sunscreen on the exposed parts of your body. Mind you, this isn’t a one-time thing. You must reapply the sunscreen lotion every two hours once you are out of the house.
- When buying cosmetics, pick products that contain sunscreen. By doing this, not only will you look good, but you will also ensure that you are safe and well protected from the harmful rays of the sun.