If you are one of those people whose email account gets overwhelmed with new emails every day and the chaos keeps on getting bigger making your Outlook files heavier. So, how to deal with this problem? How can you manage your emails? Well, we have got a solution to this problem which will help you deal with this email chaos effectively. Here we go:
So, in order to take control of your mailbox or to stop it from growing out of limits, go ahead and make use of the Archive Feature, in your Outlook 2016. While you archive an email, your messages get saved in the other Outlook data file (PST), which can be opened by you at any time you like. In the meantime, your Outlook file you are working with every single day remains lean and mean.
Steps to Archive Emails in Outlook 2016
How to Adjust AutoArchive Settings in Outlook 2016?
Your Outlook automatically archives your old items by default on a regular basis. However, you have got the right to transform how often your Outlook archives those items. You also have the right to know where the archived files get saved along with many other available options.
1. At first, Go to File > then Options.
2. Now, click the AutoArchive Settings button in the advanced section.
3. Now, go ahead and choose the AutoArchive options that you need or don’t need. Moreover, here you are allowed to turn off the AutoArchive (unpick the box which is next to “Run AutoArchive every [X] day”) or simply change the frequency it has.
Also, ensure to know how your old items need to be before they get archived and don’t forget to set your old items on deletion instead of moving them to an archive PST file.
- Now, Click OKin order to save the changes you have just made.
How to Archive Emails in Outlook 2016 Manually?
It doesn’t really matter if you have enabled the AutoArchive in your Outlook or not, you can still manually archive your old or non-required items. Moreover, this is definitely a good method in order to clean out your mailbox while you can still save your messages just in case you require going through them later.
And hence, we have got the following steps in order to do this in Outlook 2016:
1. At first, Go to File > then Info.
2. Now, go ahead and Click Cleanup Toolswhich you can see next to your Mailbox Cleanup & then select Archive.
3. Now, Choose the folderthat you have to archive. Your archived folder will get saved by the Outlook along with all your subfolders beneath it. If you select Outlook (the highest level folder), all of your items in the Outlook will get transferred to a completely new Data file.
4. Now, Select your archive options, for example, item date. Now, you can transform how your old items or emails need to be before these emails or items are archived. Now, you have to create or choose a different PST file.
5. In the end, Click OKand your emails, as well as your other items (depending on the folder that you have selected), will start to get archived by your Outlook.
Moreover, whenever you need to archive or transfer the PST file to a certain drive, you are allowed to archive them in Outlook. And whenever you need to access those of your old emails again, you can go ahead and just open the PST file.
How to Export PST File from Outlook 2016?
When it comes to a PST file, it is basically the Outlook data file which helps you save all of your files, for example, notes, email messages, contacts, appointments, and other items. Moreover, on setting up an email account in Outlook, a PST file (by default) gets formed as well as saved in the Documents\Outlook Files automatically.
However, if you are someone who is surfing the internet and looking out for different ways in order to export a PST file from the Outlook 2016, you have landed in the right place. Here we have a simple and easy to use step-by-step guide for you. So, let’s find out how you can do it:
1. At first, click File on the main tabs.
2. Now, go ahead and click Open & Export on the Account Information page.
3. After that, click Import/Export onthe Open page.
4. Now, move on and select Export to a file,and then click Next > in your Import and Export Wizard window.
5. After that, in the Export to a File window, go ahead and select Outlook File (PST) and then click Next >
6. Now, make a selection of the folder from where your data or files will be exported (in the Export Outlook file window) and then click Next >.
Note: With the selection of the account folder of the highest level, your data files will all be saved, for example, calendar information, contacts, email messages, etc. to your PST file.
- Now, you have to confirm your file’s name and location to save it (or simply go ahead and select Browse…to a new or desired location). Now, select the Options that you require, and then click Finish.
Note: The above-mentioned option is helpful to replace the duplicates (that are exported with the items) so you can avoid hidden duplication in your stored PST file.
8. During the initial formation of the PST file, your Outlook will be asking you for the preferred password. Now, just Click OK(without setting up any password), because while importing your PST file into an exchange server, the additional security layer might get you into some problems.
9. Your Outlook will simply export the PST file to the previously fixed location. When the process gets completed, the file will start showing available in the location already fixed by you.
Note: The bigger the PST file, the more the time it will take in order to be processed.
How to Backup Your Outlook Emails on Harddrive?
So, you want to know how exactly you can backup your Outlook emails on a hard drive. Have you been trying to store your Outlook emails in your local hard drive and you are failing each time? Well, it doesn’t matter if you use Outlook for personal purpose or other purposes, in order to keep your data secure, it is crucial for you to store a backup your Outlook emails on a regular basis. And for the same reason, we have prepared this easy-to-handle step-by-step guide.
Make sure to check this out to deal with all of your concerns oh how you can backup your Outlook emails on a hard drive.
Incoming search terms:
- 2016 outlook update