The present technology for a fax cover sheet offers multiple ways to send or receive your documents and communicate with each other. There exist both formal and informal ways to convey the information; different people reinforce these ways to send some sort of information from one place to another.
Faxing is one of the oldest mods which are still active in the digital world. But with the rapid development in technology, the traditional faxing machines have been replaced by online fax apps for Fax service providers. it is a formal way of conveying information; therefore, fax is mostly used by businesses and organizations.
When it comes to online faxing services, CocoFax is a prominent name. It is a free online Fax service provider that allows the user to get a fax number for free for 30 days. Moreover, it is end to end encrypted; it means that a third party cannot assess all the information you are sharing to it. To make your information secure, you can use a professional fax cover sheet and protect it by a password.
Now you must be thinking, what is the fax cover sheet? Well, it is like an envelope cover is the fax and contains the necessary information about the sender and the receiver. Various fax cover sheet templates are categorized based upon their usage in various categories.
If you visit the CocoFax official website, you will find more than a hundred fax sheet templates. On the left side of the homepage, you will find various categories in which these sheets are categorized. Some of these are named as accounting, essential, business, and confidential, education, legal, medical, real estate, resume, etc.
Let’s have a detailed look at what professional cover fax sheets are, what they include, and how you can make a customized sheet for yourself.
What are the fax cover sheets?
It is a sheet attached to your faxing documents as a cover containing the necessary information about the documents you are sharing. They are not a necessary part of your actual fax message. Their only purpose is to help the recipient to identify what the document is about and whether he needs to read it at the moment or store it for later.
Most of the formal faxes have a cover fax sheet because it gives a more professional and sophisticated work to the information. These sheets are usually plain and simple. CocoFax offers you 100 plus such sheets. They contain some specific fields which are filled with relevant information before sending.
What should you include in a custom Fax cover sheet online?
There has always been a debate on whether one should attach the cover sheet with the faxed documents or not. Well, there is no hard and fast rule. It is one’s choice. But if you are faxing to some multinational company or sending documents overseas, you must add a cover sheet in order to create a more professional outlook.
There are usually six fields in a Fax cover sheet named letterhead, sender and receiver information, subject, body, and comments section.
- Letterhead contains information about the organization or the sender. If you are faxing on behalf of your organization, you should write your organization name and insert its logo. As an alternative, a fax number or zip address can be used. Please do not write a lot of information in the letterhead; try to keep it as simple as possible.
- In the next section, fill the Senders information, write your authorized name, the organization you are associated with, your fax number and mobile number, and the reference. Write the same information in the recipient section as well.
- Now write the statement of purpose; the recipient usually decides it. So leave this section empty. The receiver decides whether to read your fax, reply to it, or forward it to someone else by having a look at your fax cover sheet.
- In the subject section, pride a key phrase to help the receiver identify what the fax contains. For instance, if you are sending the fax for contract renewal, mention “request for contract renewal” in the “subject” field.
- Then there comes the “body” this is not mandatory to fill unless you have some details to cover. Keep in mind that short entry size information is much more influential than a detailed one.
- Finally, there is the comment section. You can skip this, but if you want to know the views of the receiver, just leave it empty.
How to use customized fax cover sheets in CocoFax?
- Choose the customized sheet you want to add to your documents. Enter all the details in the relevant fields. These may be your name, number, receptions name, and fax number.
- Once you fill these fields, the sheet will be automatically added to the front page of your fax.
- You can also choose to download the other template designs uncheck the already included cover page and replace it by the one you recently downloaded. CocoFax allows you to change the fax cover sheets as many times as you want.
These sheets are just one more way CocoFax uses to make the faxing faster, convenient, cost-effective, and professional.
Fax cover sheets are used to add a cover to your faxing documents. It contains the necessary information which not only helps the receiver to determine the purpose and the nature of the document but also helps you create a good impression.
It also brings a number of benefits, such as maintaining a corporate etiquette manner by presenting your document more professional. This not only helps the small organizations as well as benefits the multinational companies to figure out who the fax is for where to forward it.
You can protect the document with fax cover sheets. Although CocoFax is end -to -end encrypted, if you want to increase the security, covering your documents is a good practice. You can find the suitable cover sheets from CocoFax cover sheets library & use them accordingly.