Online Casino Gaming then and Now. About 15 years ago, online casino gaming was not as popular as it is now. Then most gambling activities were done at land-based casinos. In fact, very few online casinos existed then.
Recently, online casino platforms are at your fingertips. Now you can game with your smartphones and tablets. Although the online gaming industry has improved, it is faced with mind-boggling challenges like security, scam sites, etc.
Nonetheless, the truth remains that the online gambling industry has improved. The first online casino was launched sometime in 1996. Interestingly, the casino site is still operational to date.
Gaming at Online Casinos Then
Back then, online casinos were very rare and limited to players in certain Europe. Very few countries permitted their operations. Also, players were not confident to dive into playing online casinos. Below were the challenges the online casino industry faced then:
- Internet Connection: In the past, very few countries could boast of an internet connection. More so, it was very slow and could take ages to load. Then, to browse the internet, you had to visit a cyber café. Personal Wi-Fi networks were not available.
- Payment Methods: Very few payment methods were permitted at online casinos then. More so, you had to reside in Europe or America to access these payment methods. So players in other regions were left out.
- Legalization: About 15 years ago, very few countries allowed online casino gaming. In fact, it was a crime to gamble at online casinos back then. Meanwhile, VPN technology was not available then too, so it was not possible to visit online casinos without notifying the authorities.
Play at Online Casinos Now!
The online casino industry has witnessed so many innovations. For instance, in the past, you could not play online casinos on the go. You had to sit in front of your PC to enjoy gaming. However, with your smartphone and tablets, online gaming can be done on the go. Below are some of the innovations in the online casino industry:
- Mobile Gaming: Since the invention of smartphones and tablets, mobile gaming has also witnessed huge growth. With these devices, you can play at online casinos from anywhere.
- Random Number Generators: In the past, the results at online casinos can be rigged by the casino. However, with the introduction of RNG, results are generated randomly. Now and online casinos cannot manipulate the results.
- Payment Methods: Recently, the number of secure payment methods at online casinos has improved. You pay from anywhere.
- Legalization: It appears that a lot of countries have recognized the need to legalize online casino gaming. As a matter of fact, the COVID-19 pandemic has caused so many land-based casinos to close up. So countries are tapping into the online gambling industry.
- Cryptocurrency: The cryptocurrency industry has also made a huge impact on the online gambling market. More casinos are adopting it as a payment method compared to before.
Finally, the online casino industry is estimated to be worth $123billion in the next 3 years. Players have shifted to online gaming since the pandemic started. You can visit a pioneer online casino site for excellent gaming.