It seems to many players that the general concept of MMO games is to upgrade 24 hours a day and then constant PVP in order to use the accumulated equipment and find out the best player on the server.
It’s actually quite a superficial look at an MMO RPG, and the overall concept goes much deeper than just killing monsters.
You can get the best equipment not only at high levels, or by buying it from a professional Boosting service, as well as a boosting and coaching service, but besides farming, there are other ways and general activities in the world of online games.
Consider the example of World of Warcraft.
Things to do in Wow Dragonflight besides farming and PVP
- Economy and trade
- Exploring the area and history
Table of Contents
In the world of WoW, the system of professions is very developed – this is a wide range of different activities that allow you to have fun and earn gold and useful resources, as well as learn two types of crafts for their subsequent development and approaching the status of a master.
All professions can be divided among themselves into gathering and creating, and in total the player has two slots for choosing one of these specializations. Also, the character can learn additional professions, such as fishing, cooking and research.
All types of professions provide access to new content and the ability to engage in offshoot activities, or combined with farming for resource extraction.
As a result, those who create professions allow you to choose a specialization among them and progress as a unique master in your path, known throughout the server, which entire guilds access.
- Herb Gathering is a simple and rewarding profession that allows you to gather all kinds of plants and resources found on the ground and trees. Herbs are needed to produce alchemical potions and make bandages for first aid and stop bleeding.
- Skinning is not the most pleasant profession at first glance, but in World of Warcraft there is no such visualization that you might think of. You need to kill animals, or find other players who will do it, and skin them yourself with a special knife for subsequent leather dressing.
- Mining – buy a pickaxe and look for rocks. They are marked on the game map with the corresponding icon. You will be able to mine mining areas and get ore and gems for further production, or selling them to other players.
- Alchemy – Collect herbs and use them to produce offensive and defensive battle potions. Brew antidote potions and potions with a combustible effect.
- Leatherworking – Master leatherworking and craft all gear for agility and yourself if you are the appropriate class. Leather is in demand among some of the game classes, so you will always have orders.
- Tailoring is the only profession that does not require an associated skill to gather resources. Materials for the production of threads You will knock out directly from monsters and use them to sew cloth armor, which is used by battle mages and healers.
- Blacksmithing is one of the most interesting and varied professions. The blacksmith creates not only armor from steel, but also weapons and tools that other artisans need. The most profitable profession due to the wide range of applications.
- Inscriptions – use reagents obtained from special fish and resources to create scrolls that other artisans will use to craft items and craft staves for battle mages.
- Jewelcrafting is a sought-after, but also difficult profession that requires high capital due to expensive and rare resources for leveling, but the value grows at a high level of skill. Jewelers create magical costume jewelry that allows you to effectively resist mages and make orbs – special spheres that are used as orbs among battle mages.
In WoW, you can simply take a fishing rod and go to any available reservoir for fishing. You will come across fish suitable for food and special, for grinding into reagents.
You can cook simple fish or sell it to culinary specialists, while reagents will come in handy when developing the profession of the inscriber.
The only advice for fishing is that monsters live in many locations, track the trajectory of their movement, or find a place where they are not, so as not to be distracted from the process.
Despite the fact that raids are part of farming, they can rather be called temporary activity and a distraction from the monotonous hunt.
The main features and values of the raid:
- Each dungeon is unique in its mechanics.
- Each boss has its own set of skills that you need to learn and be able to react in accordance with the combat situation.
- The dungeon masters carry valuable rewards that will go to players who manage to defeat him.
- You need to think with your head and be aware of your actions, otherwise you can easily lose and waste time.
- It requires a careful and verified selection of the participants of the raid.
- Raids are the best equivalent of crafting professions for getting the best equipment for your level.
Economy and trade
Any MMO RPG project is tailored for players and gradually, despite all the logic laid down by the developers, the entire gaming segment begins its operations with gold and goods based on the situation on the server.
Everywhere there will be prices and shortages of certain goods, a lot of merchants from dealers to suppliers of unique items.
Engage in manufacturing, reselling, providing services, and any other activity that requires gold and entrepreneurial flair.
Exploring the area and history
Each game project, and World of Warcraft is no exception, has not only a quest-based leveling system, but also a general history of the entire world of Azeroth, which is told by local NPCs and which the player often ignores.
The player receives achievements not only for the main activities in the form of levels and raids, but also due to interest in the history of the project and attempts to study it. Often these are nice passive stats, or mounts that will make the character stronger and highlight their contribution.
Locations for research can be found on the game map under the shovel mark and will go to the specified location for excavation. You will find named items and gain a deeper understanding of the entire history of the continents of Azeroth, which has been going on for over 20 years of active development and updates.