The Global Gaming Awards (GGA) is a high-profile award ceremony for the global online gaming sector. The Global Gaming Awards is powered by Gambling Insider, and independently judged by the Isle of Man-based company KPMG. The GGA London 2019 event was sponsored by lead partner BetConstruct and featured an impressive shortlist of contenders with outsized contributions to the online gaming world in the year leading up to the awards ceremony. The shortlist for the GGA London 2019 ceremony included multiple contenders.
The GGA London 2019 is the second year of Global Gaming Awards ceremonies, following the launch of the successful GGA in 2018. As the creme de la creme of global awards ceremonies for online gaming companies, the GGA draws a high-powered panel of adjudicators, contestants, and international fanfare. The 2019 awards ceremony in London featured 16 celebrated categories which were presented at a tea ceremony at the world-famous Hippodrome Casino in London.
Gambling Insider was front and center with the action, with CEO Gary Roudette leading proceedings with aplomb. The judging panel consisted of 50 experts who were tasked with voting on each of the 16 categories under consideration. With independent audits of the voting process, courtesy of KPMG, the authenticity, transparency, and credibility of the Global Gaming Awards 2019 in London was ironclad. BetConstruct played a pivotal role as the lead partner for the GGA 2019, which is a prelude to the grand ceremony of the Global Gaming Awards 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
A History of Achievement: Best Digital Operator Awards Over the Years
The GGA is now in its sixth year. Over time, many prestigious awards have been issued to online gaming operators. One of the most coveted awards to be conferred is the Best Digital Operator Award. Here is the past 5 years’ worth of Best Digital Operator Awards:
- 888casino won the Global Gaming Awards (GGA) prize for Best Digital Operator of the Year in 2014
- In 2015 the GGA Award for Best Digital Operator went to Bet365
- In 2016, the GGA Award for Best Digital Operator of the Year was awarded to 888 Holdings
- In 2017, the Best Digital Operator Award was given to Bet365
- In 2018, the Best Digital Operator Award was given to Bet365
Each of the 16 category awards up for grabs in 2019 featured an impressive lineup of nominees, including:
- Betting Shop Operator – William Hill, Tipico, Snaitech, Paddy Power, Opap, MarathonBet, Ladbrokes, Fortuna Entertainment Group, Codere, Betfred.
Winner – Ladbrokes
- Retail Supplier – BetConstruct, BetRadar, Digitain, Golden Race, Inspired Gaming, Intralot, Racing Post, SBTech, SG Gaming, SIS.
Winner – BetRadar
- Online Sports Betting Supplier – Amelco, BetConstruct, BetInvest, BetRadar, FSB, Inbet Games, Kambi, SBTech, SG Digital, UltraPlay.
Winner – Kambi
- Online Sports Betting Operator – 1XBet, Bet365, Bet-At-Home, Betfair, Betsson, Betaway, Bwin, Sky Betting & Gaming, Unibet, William Hill.
Winner – Bet365
- Corporate Responsibility Programme – Aspers, Coral, Danske Spil, Kindred Group, Microgaming, Mr Green Ltd, Remote Gambling Association, Senet Group, Sportradar, William Hill.
Winner – Kindred Group – Player Safety Early Detection Programme
- Casino Supplier – Alfastreet, Casino Technology, Euro Games Technology, IGT, Interblock Gaming, Merkur Gaming, Novomatic, Scientific Games, Suzohapp, TCS John Huxley.
Winner – Novomatic
- Online Casino Supplier – Asia Live Tech, BBIN, Evolution Gaming, GreenTube, Microgaming, NetEnt, Pragmatic Play, Realistic Games, Red Tiger Gaming, SG Digital.
Winner – Evolution Gaming
- Casino – Aspers Stratford, Casino at the Empire, Casino Baden-Baden, Casino Barcelona, Casino De Monte Carlo, Casino Di Venezia, Casino Estoril, Hippodrome Casino, Holland Casino, Olympic Casino Carlton.
Winner – Casino De Monte-Carlo
- Online Casino – 888casino, Cashmio, Lapalingo, LeoVegas, MansionCasino, Mr Green, PartyCasino, Sky Vegas, SlotsMillion, Wunderino.
Winner – LeoVegas
- Casino Product – Ganapati – Wild Sumo, IGT – Crystal Curve, Inbet Games – 3D Tron Race, iSoftBet – Gaming Aggregation Platform, Lightning Box Games – Lightning Horseman, Mr Green – Live Beyond Live, NetEnt – Jumanji, Novomatic – MacGyver, Pragmatic Play – Wolf Gold, Realistic Games – Realistic Roulette.
Winner – NetEnt – Jumanji
- Online Poker Operator – 888poker, PartyPoker, PokerDom, PokerMatch, Pokermira, Poker Stars, Sky Poker, Svenska Spel, The Spartan Poker, Unibet.
Winner – PokerStars, The Stars Group
- Online Bingo Operator – 888ladies, Booty Bingo, Gala Bingo, Heart Bingo, Jackpot Joy, Maria Casino, Mecca Bingo, Svenska Spel, Tombola, Wink Bingo.
Winner – JackpotJoy
- Payment Solution – Easy Payment Gateway, EcommPay, EcoPayz, EntroPay, Everi Holdings, MoneyMatrix, PayPal, Paysafe Group, Trustly, Vantiv.
Winner – Trustly
- Corporate Services Provider – Betting Connections, Betting Jobs, BMM TestLabs, Continent8 Technologies, Gaming Laboratories International, Global Betting & Gaming Consultants, Harris Hagan, Income Access, Malta Gaming Authority, Square in the Air.
Winner – Continent8 Technologies
- Affiliate Programme – 1XBET, ActiveWin, Bet365 Affiliates, Betsson, Comeon Connect, Interwetten, LeoVegas, Mansion, VBet, William Hill.
Winner – Bet365 Affiliates
- Chief Executive – Doug Albregts, Kenny Alexander, Vigen Badalyan, Bernard Marantelli, Sandra Barton, Philip Bowcock, Walter Bugno, Richard Carter, John Coleman, Alessandro Fried, Gavin Hamilton, Therese Hillman, Peter Jackson, Jesper Karrbrink, Carsten Koerl, Pontus Lindwall, David Lopez, David McDowell, Harald Neumann, Kristian Nylen, Mario Ovcharov, Dmitry Starostenkov, Jesper Svensson, Martin Wachter, Mor Weizer.
Winner – Kenny Alexander GVC
The Judging Panel of the Global Gaming Awards London 2019
Dozens of highly respected judges, CEOs, managing directors, founders, chairmen, partners, industry heads, and consultants were among the high-powered bevvy of judges evaluating each online casino, online gaming provider, affiliate network, and CEO according to a stringent set of criteria. Leading individuals such as Gavin Hamilton of Red Tiger, Charles Gillespie of Gambling.com, Itai Frieberger of 888 Holdings, and John Coleman of Microgaming were among the many people on the shortlist. The nomination panel consisted of the following industry experts: Tal Itzhak Ron, Ollie Drew, David Sargeant, Alex Pratt, and Steve Donoughue.
The Global Gaming Awards Las Vegas 2019
Source: Gambling Insider Global Gaming Awards Las Vegas 2019
The GGA, Las Vegas, is scheduled to take place on Monday, 14 October 2019 at the Sands Expo. This marks the sixth consecutive year that the GGA will be hosted in Las Vegas. The event is being presented by leading B2B gaming organization, Gambling Insider. The judging panel will be provided by KPMG Isle of Man. As the must-attend event for the global online gaming industry, the GGA Las Vegas draws crowds from far and wide.
2019 shortlist will be announced on September 22, 2019, in print and digital media. It begins with self-nominations, followed by the nomination panels commencing work. The shortlist is finalized, the judges will be announced, and shortlisted companies will be contacted. Next, the judges start their voting, and then the 2019 shortlist will be publicly announced, followed by the Award Ceremony, and the Gambling Insider Friday Special.
On Friday, 6 September, the Global Gaming Awards Las Vegas 2019 event announced the voting had closed. 100 judges cast their votes, and the winners will be announced at a luncheon at the illustrious Sands Expo Convention Center which will commence proceedings at the G2E show. Notable among the judges are John Connelly, Joe Asher, Barry Cottle, and Renato Ascoli. The Las Vegas award ceremony features a narrowed selection of categories compared to the London awards ceremony, with just 12 categories.
There will be winner and runner-up announcements made in October. The process of selecting deserving winners is complicated by the fact that all the nominees shortlisted in each category are exemplary. The 2018 winners of the Global Gaming Awards Las Vegas included Aristocrat and SG Digital. Some 700 industry-leading professionals were in attendance, and the judging panel consisted of almost six dozen world-class executives, business leaders, and gaming experts. Getting a gaming laptop may help to grow your career in the gaming industry.
Online casinos, online poker rooms, online bingo halls, and software providers compete in a fierce contest for the coveted prize of a Global Gaming Awards trophy. A win is a virtual shoe in with players, sponsors, and evaluating agencies; indicating greater credibility, transparency, and accountability of that operate within the industry.