The emergence of high quality gaming consoles such as the PS4 Pros and Xbox One have really changed the gaming industry and the related gadgets. Today, gaming monitors are seen as the most important part of any gaming console.
However, with the numerous varieties of gaming monitors available today, choosing the best for Xbox or PS4 Pro has become almost impossible. However, keeping some few things in mind when you are searching for these devices will make your work much easier. Below are some of the key things you should consider.
- Resolution – Screen resolution is among the key things you should never ignore. If you want to get clear images, the screening and imaging should have a resolution of 1920 X 1080p. However, a resolution that is above this is not necessary for PS4 and Xbox One.
- 0 for Fast Delivery – If you want to have maximum benefits of the 4K capabilities with HDR, you need to select a monitor with HDMI 2.0. This version offers a bigger bandwidth capacity. This means that it can transfer a lot of data within a short time. HDMI 2.0 offers up to 60 frames of 4K content in every second without any effect on the quality.
- Type of the panel – This one plays an important role in the overall performance. The type of panel in a gaming monitor usually contributes to the clarity of the image. The most common types of panel include;
- Twisted Nematic TN- These panels are the cheapest and they are associated with low response rate.
- In-Plane Switching IPS- This one provides the best viewing angle and an incredible color reproduction. In-Plane Switching have a high response rate.
- Vertical Alignment – These ones are a combination of IPS and TN. These terms can be a bit confusing but all you need to know is that a monitor with high resolution, low refresh rate and low response rate is the best for PS4 andXbox One.
- Ports –Input and output ports are also worth considering when you are searching for a gaming monitor. The gaming monitor you have picked should have all the necessary ports such as VGA, HDMI and DVI-D. This will allow you to connect all types of gaming consoles. Apart from that, ensure that it has a stable stand that can twist, tilt or adjust as per your requirements.
- Refresh rate–A top quality gaming monitor for PSA and Xbox One are the ones with low refresh rates. A refresh rate of 60 Hz provides the best soothing experience.
- Size of the screen – If you are a professional, you should not buy a screen that is less than 22 inches. However, this will also depend with personal preferences but as you determine the best size that is appropriate for you, it is also good to think of the viewing distance. If you have a limited size, you can go for a 23-24 inches monitor. For those who have a large room, a 27-inch gaming monitor will be the best.
- Response time– This one refers to either the success or failure to display. The best monitor should have a low response rate. Nonetheless, the response time is also affected by panel technology applied in the monitors. For Twisted Nematic NT panel, the best response time is 1ms. On the other hand, for In-Plane Switching IPS, it should be 5ms.Low response rate provides fluid and fast action.
To get started I’d recommend reading the resource found here:https://www.lyncconf.com/best-gaming-monitors/xbox-one-x/