When discussing iconic substances, you cannot leave out weed and shrooms. Cannabis and magic mushrooms were a big part of the North American counterculture.
In the 1960s and 1970s, cannabis and magic mushrooms influenced art, movies, and music. Both substances became such a big part of pop culture that people still talk about them today. There are even organizations dedicated to their legalization and public acceptance.
Here are the differences between cannabis and magic mushrooms and their health benefits.
In Canada, the law prohibits psilocybin use with some exemptions. Before you buy magic mushrooms online in Canada, understand how these laws work.
Psilocybin can trigger shifts in some people’s thoughts and moods. Many users claim a boost of creativity and spirituality after ingesting the substance. Some studies claim that magic mushrooms can help treat addiction and mental disorders.
Other benefits you can gain from magic mushrooms include:
- Openness – This refers to a person’s outlook toward new experiences. It involves qualities like creativity, imagination, and appreciation for aesthetics. As people progress through life, they experience trauma, which causes them to create a defense mechanism that limits them from new experiences. Psilocybin’s psychoactive chemicals help a person develop openness toward new experiences and relax.
- Addiction Cessation – Addictions ruin people’s lives and those who care about them. Some evidence suggests that psilocybin may be the solution to treating addictions. The research indicates that the substance is perfect for treating nicotine addiction.
- Mental Health– Some sources say psilocybin can help people with mental health disorders. These disorders include depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and post-traumatic disorder (PTSD).
If any substance was as controversial as magic mushrooms during the 1960s, weed would be it. Cannabis is a versatile hallucinogenic substance. It has practical applications in many industries and products. Most of it falls into the medical industry.
Cannabis comes from more than 120 components medical professionals call cannabinoids. The most prominent cannabinoids are cannabidiol or CBD and tetrahydrocannabinol or THC.
The component responsible for an excellent high and hallucinogenic effect is THC. CBD is the component that provides the medical benefits the industry is after. You can find CBD in many forms, like oils, gummies, and drinks.
The most sought-after benefits cannabis provides:
- Cancer Treatment – Cancer patients request CBD to lessen the effects of chemotherapy. Research on CBD revealed that it prevents cancer cell growth and induces cell death.
- Reduced Hypertension – Hypertension is a growing cardiovascular problem among older adults. Investigations into CBD reveal that it has the potential to lower blood pressure.
- Seizure Prevention – A study revealed that CBD could decrease seizure symptoms and frequency.
The war on drugs has slowed the research on the benefits these two iconic drugs can offer humanity. Irresponsible press and excessive recreational use did not help their checkered history either. That does not change the truth. These drugs have the potential to benefit thousands of people if given a chance. Society must only keep an open mind to the possibilities and let stigmas go to promote progress.