Class 10 Maths Exam is an important one. Firstly, it is a board class, so the pressure naturally becomes enormous. On top of that, there’s the race to score well in order to get the subject of your choice in the coming grades. Out of all the subjects that students are supposed to study in this grade, Maths is that one subject that many find quite demanding. After all, it requires you to understand concepts, as well as solve equations. Not to mention, it demands A LOT of practice.
Despite being highly taxing, maths is a subject, which when given enough time and effort, can fetch you full scores- yes, you read that right. Class 10 Maths Exam is highly scoring, which is precisely why every student should be extra attention to this subject, especially in their 10th grade. While there’s no sure shot way of achieving excellent marks in the maths exam, it can be achieved by devoting the right amount of time, and most importantly, indulging in quality reference material.
As such, we have scouted the best reference material that will help you score highly in your class 10th MATHs exam as well as would prepare you for the upcoming grades. Read on to know more.
NCERT books are the most important when it comes to preparing for class 10th maths exam. If you have NCERT at your fingertips, you’ll easily be able to score well in your class 10th Maths exam. The NCERT book for class 10th comprises of the following chapters:
- Chapter 1 Real Numbers
- Chapter 2 Polynomials
- Chapter 3 Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Chapter 4 Quadratic Equations
- Chapter 5 Arithmetic Progressions
- Chapter 6 Triangles
- Chapter 7 Coordinate Geometry
- Chapter 8 Introduction to Trigonometry
- Chapter 9 Some Applications of Trigonometry
- Chapter 10 Circles
- Chapter 11 Constructions
- Chapter 12 Areas Related to Circles
- Chapter 13 Surface Areas and Volumes
- Chapter 14 Statistics
- Chapter 15 Probability
The reasons why NCERT books are widely relied upon are manifold. Firstly, they are considered the most important when you are preparing for the Boards exam, as the entire syllabus is based on these books. Additionally, all the concepts are clear and provided in a self-explanatory method so the students can learn in an easy-to-understand manner. Even teachers strictly suggest the students study through NCERT books and consider it sufficient for class 10th maths examination.
When we discuss reference boos for class 10th maths, RD Sharma is usually the first name to prod our minds. This book is highly recommended and helps students in indulging in rigorous practice, which is essential for scoring well in this class. This book is popular for the following reasons:
1. It contains an amalgam of concepts, problems, and solutions, so you wouldn’t have to look elsewhere.
- The concepts are explained clearly and elaborately so you can get a thorough understanding of everything.
- It is quite easy to comprehend.
- Gives you ample practice questions
- It also helps in clearing Olympiads and other exams.
RD Sharma book is available on the markets, as well as online in form of PDF’s that are quite easily accessible.
RS Aggarwal is another, a widely sought-after book that will make understanding concepts a breeze for you! This book contains anything and everything you can be asked in the exams and is curated by experts to give you a thorough understanding of each concept. The concepts are simplified and presented to you in an easy-to-grasp manner. Additionally, it has various practice exercises, that will be just sufficient for preparing you well for the exam. All the chapters in this book are highly descriptive and come with various exercises, such as RS Aggarwal Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercise 2.1 which contains excellent practice questions on Polynomials.
SAMPLE PAPERS/PREVIOUS YEAR’S QUESTION PAPERS
One of the best ways of understanding the exam pattern includes practising sample papers or previous year’s question papers. Doing as many sample papers as you can not only give you an idea about the type of questions that might be asked in the exams but would also help you increase your pace of answering questions. Do this;
- Take a sample to pamper and equip yourself with all the stationery items.
- Sit in a quiet room without any distractions.
- Set a timer
- Complete the paper in the set time.
Doing this on a regular basis will help you achieve an enhanced speed at answering questions, which will help you significantly during your final exam. Also, make sure you go through 10-year papers to see the change and similarities in the pattern of questions over the years.
Are you bored of digging into books all day and night? Refer to some visual aid, like a Youtube video. There are various online channels on Youtube and other platforms, that are run by experts who put together a classroom-like atmosphere to help you understand the concepts. Video lessons can be quite beneficial in helping you grasp things, as they are much more engaging than the rest of the material available out there.
TIPS & TRICKS
In addition to being equipped with all the study material, you also need to chalk down a clear approach to prepare for the exams. Here are a few tips and tricks that will help you achieve good scores!
- You must get a clear understanding of the syllabus, before starting with your studies, and ensure that you do not miss out on any topic.
- Make a proper timetable, and give ample time to every topic.
- Learn easy ways of doing calculations, and memorising formulas. Doing this will be of great help to you during exams.
- Keep a note of the key concepts, and highlight important sentences. This will help you during revision.
Class 10 Maths Exam can only be aced with rigorous practice and a thorough understanding of concepts. By devoting a couple of hours each day to this subject will certainly fetch you a good score in your class 10th examination, and would also prepare you for the coming years. Good luck!