What to do when exams are coming: top tips to pass your tests and examinations
When preparing for exams, we usually leave this until the last minute and then spend nights trying to put in our heads the most amount of information possible. It usually ends up in stress, panic, and bad grades. Although many students cope with their assignments, delegating them to writing services (they can be often found in essay writing service reviews and top essay services recommendations), the majority is still looking for ways to handle papers and exam preparation on their own. To help you set the right schedule and mood, we prepared a list of tips that can organize this process.
How to get ready for the exams
Start getting ready at least one week before your exam – you definitely know all the dates and can set reminders to start on time. Split your time to devote equal periods for each exam and create a plan for how you will be dealing with them. For this you will need:
- Time management. As many writing services state, time is the key, and in most cases, we don`t have enough to handle all our tasks. If you don`t consider using assistance (like help you can find in speedypaper review), then you need to organize your schedule to fit there all the tasks. Try to study intervals – forty minutes of studying and ten minutes of rest. Thus you can increase your endurance and complete more tasks during the day;
- Change study places. Start learning in the dorm room, then switch to the park, coffee house, and then move to the library. Changing spots you can diversify your routine and increase your productivity. One experiment showed that two groups of students tried to memorize twenty words from English vocabulary: the group that studied in two different rooms performed better than the one who stayed in one place;
- Keep it healthy. If you do cardio breaks (twenty minutes will be enough), these breaks can significantly improve your ability to remember things and absorb information. It gives you more energy to keep studying. Besides, antioxidants in food can increase your attention and overall performance. So a balanced diet during stressed exam periods can help you cope with challenges;
- Don`t stay up late. In college, working at night becomes a habit, but it negatively impacts our body and brain, thus not letting us perceive information properly. Try to wake up earlier to handle your tasks and go to bed no later than 11 p.m. Caffeine overdose will also bring no good;
- Remove distractions. When you study, try to minimize the things that can get you distracted. Block your smartphone, put noise-cancelling headphones on, ask your roomies not to disturb you for a couple of hours and concentrate on your work;
- Study old questions. What exam questions did students have in the previous year? Often these questions (at least some of them) get into new exams as teachers cannot create more original questions on the same topic. Thus, going through old exam stuff, you can learn useful things that can help you succeed today;
- Study in groups. Explaining material to others can be a great way to remember things better, and working over your exam with your friends can make the process fun and more engaging.
As long as you keep going and challenge yourself, you can achieve the best grades!