Starting a business includes a mountain of tasks. But the risk, total amount of time, and money involved in this process depend entirely on the business idea that you choose. In contrast to the popular belief, there are numerous ways to start businesses that allow college students to focus less on the upfront costs and on the logistics and more on the ways to get started.
The low-investment or no investment business ideas work as an entry point for the beginners like students, boot-strappers or anybody with a busy schedule. This also allows college students to pick up a side business option without the requirement of dropping everything else.
So, According to the website Drprix, here comes a list of several business ideas that can be started online without any investment.
- Social media consultant: If you are proficient in different social media platforms and if you are creative and like to stay on top of the latest trends of social media, then starting the venture as a social media consultant will be the best option to choose. As a social media consultant, you can help the businesses to craft their social media game plans or can directly take control of their social media accounts and post updates to various platforms.
- Graphic designer:In case you are graphic design student and proficient in designing social media graphics, brand packages, logos, posters, brochures, and other materials required by the businesses, then starting a graphic designing business is one of the best business ideas that you can count on.
- Freelance writer: These days, with the immense popularity of content marketing, freelance writers are in high demand. All you have to do to start the freelance writing business is to create a profile on different freelance websites and then build your portfolio.
- SEO consultant: These days, SEO or Search Engine Optimization works as an important pillar in making any online business successful. SEO is the practice of optimizing web pages, online contents, and advertisements in such a manner so that these are picked up by Google and the relevant search engines.
- Artisan:This is one of the most lucrative business ideas that you can choose in case you can invest a small amount in your business. Besides, this business needs skill sets like crafty, creativity, and the ability to make handmade items in bulk. Nowadays, handmade items are high in demand and therefore more and more online businesses are investing in this field. This is a home-based business option that can even be continued while studying. And while it comes to start your career as an artisan, there are plenty of options from which you can make the selection like creating paper products, sewing, knitting, designing graphics, wood crafting, painting, making jewelry, making herbal products, soaps, etc.
- Web designer: In case you are a web designing student, then you can start your web design business and can have a broad client base. In this industry, your portfolio will help you a lot. So, always showcase your best works in the portfolio.