The use of cannabidiol or CBD has become extraordinarily popular among pet owners in recent years, and that too for all the right reasons. Various studies have suggested that CBD products for pets come with several health benefits. They primarily come in two forms – oils and treats.
What is Hemp CBD Oil?
The cannabis plant contains 60 to 100 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids. CBD is one of the two most abundant cannabinoids in the plant, the other being tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Both of these chemical compounds have significant ingredients of marijuana, a schedule 1 drug. However, the use of CBD will not make your dog “high” because it is non-psychoactive, unlike THC.
CBD oil is extracted from a special type of cannabis plant, usually referred to as the hemp plant, and which contains less than 0.3% of THC. This oil, once extracted, is appropriately treated and infused with natural ingredients, such as coconut oil, to prepare it for usage on animals.
What is better – CBD oil or CBD treats?
CBD oil for dogs has proven to be an effective remedy in treating numerous illnesses and conditions. Moreover, it only has a few mild side effects that pose no threat to your pet’s well-being. But remember that pet CBD products have not been classified by the food and drug administration as proper medication, and they are merely supplements used to improve the immune system.
Let’s take a look at some main benefits of CBD oil and treats:
- Pain relief – Both CBD oil and treats can be used as natural alternatives to prescription painkillers. They have shown to effectively reduce joint pains caused by arthritis and other chronic pains that are a part of severe diseases like cancer.
- Anti-inflammatory – CBD also has the ability to act as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Treatment for anxiety – CBD hemp oil for dogs has shown to reduce stress caused by separation anxiety and unwanted noises. Moreover, it can also help control aggressive behavior in dogs.
- Appetite booster – CBD can effectively boost appetite to reduce digestive issues in dogs.
- Reduces seizures – The regular use of CBD oil can reduce seizures caused by neurological conditions such as epilepsy.
The benefits stated above apply to both CBD oil and treats. When it comes to choosing between the two, it is vital to keep in mind the type of condition your dog is dealing with. CBD dog treats are typically used in situations where CBD dosage doesn’t matter. However, in serious medical conditions where the dose of CBD needs to be precise, oil is the wiser choice. In general, there is no better option out of the two – you need to figure it out according to the situation at hand.
People are beginning to buy CBD hemp products on an ever-growing scale, and the health benefits stated above clearly tell us why. If you’re looking for high-quality CBD oils and treats, be sure to check out https://intunecbd.com/cbd-dog-treats/.