The Indian government is launching innovative and improved applications for its citizens in order to promote the idea of digital India. It has not only simplified many complicated tasks like the making of a passport is quite simpler with mPassport Seva App than the traditional method. Here is a list of 10 best government apps for every Indian to download.
- Indian Police on Call app: This is one of the most helpful applications which will help you in locating the police station that is near to your place. This application will display all the vital information related to the distance or the route which you will have to take to reach the police station. If you are in an emergency then you can directly use this application for making a call to the police station. It displays all the numbers of the control room of your district along with SP office.
- mAadhar app: UIDAI that is Unique Identification Authority Of India have also helped in creating another useful app that is the mAadhar app. With the help of this application, one will carry the Aadhar identity on their Android smartphones. One will be able to share the Aadhar information with the service provider and they will be able to view their profile as well with the help of QR code. You can easily block the biometric data of yours if you want to. All you need to do is opt for e-aadhar card download from this application.
- UMANG: UMANG stands for Unified Mobile Application For New Age Governance. It has been developed by the Information Technology, Ministry of Electronics and then National E-Governance division in order to blend all the information of governmental departments along with the services on the single platform in order to make it easy for the citizens to avail the services. This evolving platform is providing several services like Aadhaar, PayGov, and DigiLocker.
- mPassport: This application will provide all the smartphone users with different services like checking the location of the Passport Seva Kendra, tracking the status of the application and all the general information that is related to the steps which are involved while making a passport.
- IRCTC: IRCTC is one of the most popular apps which has been launched by the government for booking rail tickets. It has simplified the traditional method of booking tickets. Whether you are opting for tatkal or any other ways, the entire process is very simple but all you need is a smartphone with a stable internet connection. You can make easier and faster transactions by using the IRCTC e-wallet and there are other payment flexibilities as well.
- BHIM: BHIM gives you the flexibility of staying cashless because it will allow you to make your financial transactions in a digital way. The user will be able to receive or send the money by using the UPI address, QR codes or phone numbers. All the major banks of India are linked to the UPI in order to help the users to make the payments easily.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan: This app will help you to easily keep your surroundings and city clean. If you have any civic issues and you want to contact the municipal authority then all you need to do is click the image with the help of this application. All the urban local bodies are linked with this application so all you need to do is complain using this geolocation. The entire problem will be resolved and if it is not, then you can also complain regarding it.
- Postinfo: Postinfo is one of the best apps which has been created with Postal Technology. It will provide you with the facilities of tracking the parcel, searching the nearest post office, postage calculator, calculating of insurance premium along with interest calculator. Any user will be able to check the payable premium of the insurances that are offered by the postal department.
- MySpeed: With the help of this application one will be able to measure the data speed and then they can share the experience with TRAI. It will help in capturing and sending the data speed, coverage along with other information related to your network along with the location and device. All the results will be reported anonymously without sharing any personal data of the user.
- ePathshala App: NCERT and HRD ministry has collaborated for creating this wonderful application. Every teacher and student will be able to access the ebooks that are provided in this application with the help of their desktop, tablet, and mobile phones. There are no limitations of accessing any book as long as your device storage is permitting you. It also has other features like highlighting, selecting, pinching along with using of text to speech for listening to any text.
These are the top 10 applications which have been launched by the government for promoting digital India. They will not only help to wipe off the complicacies that are linked with traditional methods but it is going to allow the users to efficiently do the job without losing any sensitive data.