Legal Options for Tepezza-Induced Hearing Loss

Tepezza, or teprotumumab, is a prescription drug used to treat Graves’ eye disease. It can also treat thyroid eye disease, which is inflammation in the eye. The side effect of this drug is hearing loss due which could be permanent and irreversible.

 If you develop hearing difficulties after using this medication you should seek medical attention immediately. There are legal options if you or a loved one have developed hearing loss due to Tepezza treatment. Here are a few things you should know about the legal process if you are a victim.


Here are the main damages you may recover if you win your Tepezza-induced hearing loss lawsuit:

  • Medical expenses directly related to the damages. This includes the cost of prescriptions related to the damage such as hearing aids and cochlear implants.
  • Financial losses due to the damage such as lost wages or reduction in earning potential. Pain and suffering for the damage done to the body by the drug manufacturer’s negligence.
  • Punitive damages are damages intended to punish the defendant for their negligence and deter them from engaging in similar behavior in the future. In cases of gross negligence or intentional misconduct, punitive damages may be awarded in an amount that is disproportionate to the actual injury suffered in order to punish the defendant for their actions.
  • Loss of consortium damages are designed to provide compensation for the loss of spousal services caused by the harm caused by the negligence of the defendant. These damages may include loss of companionship, loss of sexual intimacy, and emotional trauma suffered by a spouse due to the damage caused to the spouse by the defendant’s actions.
See also  How Electronic Health Records Can Improve Patient Health

Who Can File a Lawsuit?

A victim who is an adult can file a civil claim on their own behalf and recover damages for damage caused by the defendant. A minor may also file a lawsuit in their own name to recover damages, but their parent or legal guardian must represent them. In some situations, a minor may bring a lawsuit on their own behalf if they have a legal guardian or guardian ad litem who will represent their interests in the case.

Hiring an Attorney

There are several things you can do to ensure you hire a reputable attorney to represent you in your case. You should interview several attorneys before you select an attorney to represent you in your case. You should also review the attorney’s website to see what types of cases they have handled in the past and the outcomes of those cases. 

Ask to speak to the lawyer handling your case and ask them any questions that you may have about the case. This will help ensure that you hire an attorney with the skills and experience necessary to handle your case effectively. You will also want to ensure that they are familiar with cases involving defective drugs and medical devices because they can be very complex and require specialized knowledge and experience to successfully litigate them.

Preparing Your Case

It is critical that you follow your doctor’s instructions carefully and take the medications prescribed for you exactly as you have been instructed. You should also be open and honest with your doctor and provide them with any information they may need to evaluate your condition and provide you with an accurate diagnosis. 

See also  Smart devices for the old people that improve life

You should also document all of your symptoms and changes in your condition and keep a journal of your treatment so you have documentation that can be used if you decide to sue the manufacturer of the drug or medical device that caused your injuries. It is very important that you report any new symptoms to your doctor immediately so they can evaluate you and make sure that you do not have a condition that was not previously diagnosed. If you fail to report new symptoms to your doctor or do not follow their instructions, this can be used against you in your case.


You can take some steps to help ensure that your case is successful if you have suffered an injury caused by a defective drug or medical device. If you have any questions about your case, you should contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can advise you about your rights and help you pursue a claim for compensation. Contact a personal injury attorney today and schedule a free consultation to discuss your case and learn more about your legal rights and options.