South Asian and Southeast Asian women and men have been using papaya for contraception. It is a safe method of avoiding pregnancy that is being used since ages. Pregnant women in some countries are advised by the doctors to not consume papaya during their pregnancies.
Since ages, women have been consuming unripe papayas to terminate or prevent pregnancy. It is possible because of the presence of phytochemicals in green papayas that interfere with progesterone to end a pregnancy. If papaya is taken in large doses or applied directly to the vagina, abortion is likely to happen.
Usage of papaya as a method of contraception and abortion is highly practiced because it does not induce permanent infertility effects, and it is completely natural. Additionally, there are no side effects of papaya until someone is allergic.
Studies on papaya seeds have shown that papaya seeds birth control could be a thing. This comes after several men throughout South Asia such as India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka use papaya seeds birth control. The men take a teaspoon of the seeds daily for months to reduce their sperm count. And once these men stop taking the seeds, their ability to reproduce is again returned.
A group of Indian scientists conducted their research on mice. The mice were given extract of papaya seeds mixed with water daily. After ninety days, their sperm count was found to be zero. Since mice and humans are very different, research on lagoons was initiated. The research concluded that after ninety days of regular dosage of papaya seeds birth control liquid, the presence of sperm in the lagoons was completely negligible.
The research also found out that after researchers stopped giving papaya seeds birth control liquid to the lagoons, their azoospermia (negligible sperm in semen) reversed. Their sperm count increased slowly, eventually returning to normal after 150 days. The study also disclosed that there were no side effects of papaya seeds birth control liquid given to the animals since papaya seeds are entirely natural.
Table of Contents
Other benefits of papaya seeds
Papaya seeds are very beneficial for the human body. Just like the fruit is packed with a lot of enzymes, fiber and nutrition, the seeds are also rich in minerals, vitamins, fiber and enzymes.
The minerals that are found in papaya seeds are iron, calcium, phosphorous, etc. These minerals improve the immune system. The fiber present in them will help with gut health, solving all the digestion-related issues. Papaya seeds have enzymes called carpaine which have the capability to kill intestinal parasite promoting healthy intestine.
- Improved digestion
- Cleanse liver
- Flush out body toxins
- Sure cure for dengue fever
- Kill e-coli bacteria
- Maintain healthy kidneys
- Prevent cancer
- Naturally kill worms and parasites
- Healthy glowing skin
- Weight loss and control
How to include papaya seeds in your diet?
Adding papaya seeds in the diet depends on person to person. Some people use it as a seasoning while some take them directly. Dried papaya seeds can be consumed directly or crushed into powder. The dried seed powder is used as salad seasoning due to its peppery flavor.
To make papaya seed powder, follow these steps:
- Scoop out the seeds from the papaya using a spoon.
- Rinse the seeds thoroughly by putting them on a strainer under running water.
- Squeeze the seeds to remove gelatinous sac using your hands.
- Dry them using a paper towel or cloth.
- Lay them on a flat surface like a baking sheet.
- Put the sheet in a sunny spot to dry them naturally by sunlight. You can also heat them at low temperature in the oven.
- Wait for the seeds to dry completely.
- Store them in a container. You can also grind them into a powder. Keep the container in a dry and dark place.
If you do not like the powder’s flavor as a salad seasoning, you can make papaya seed smoothie as well. Some people like to have papaya seeds in a smoothie form because, in a smoothie, their taste is not significantly present. Papaya seed smoothie gives maximum benefits when consumed in the morning.
- 1 tsp of papaya seed or ½ tsp of papaya seed powder.
- Fruits like bananas, berries, pears, pineapple, apples, etc.
- 2 tbsp of desiccated coconut or some chia seeds (for thickening)
- Sugar (if and as required)
- 1 cup of coconut water/coconut milk/hemp milk/almond milk (soy or conventional dairy milk isn’t recommended for several health reasons)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- If you are using coconut water, add it in the last.
- Pour in a tall glass.
- Serve or drink.
Both men and women have been using papaya and papaya seeds birth control method to prevent unwanted pregnancy. The other benefits have also tempted people to consume the seeds and the fruit. However, if you and your partner are planning for a baby, avoiding papaya and its seeds is the best option.
Incoming search terms:
- how to use papaya for birth control
- https://www geniusupdates com/papaya-seeds-birth-control/